Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

papa




i got a text message from this guy {my dad} today. he usually texts me every day, but this one was different. one i want to remember. forever.


"the absolute best part of your life is almost here. savor and enjoy every moment you have with the boy. the day will come all too quickly when he will be off to college or a mission and finally gone from your house for good. i wish i had a time machine to go back to 1981 so i could be with and raise my beautiful girls all over again. i would love that. i love my wog."


i have read and re-read this several times throughout the day.  if this doesn't make a 7 month pregnant lady bawl, i don't know what will.


gosh, i love him.

7 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Man... I'm not pregnant and that's not even my dad and I shed a tear. I love your dad too, he is great, and this is surely great advice.

NJ said...

I was just about to write the same thing! I am neither pregnant nor his daughter and it made ME cry! How sweet!!

Andrea said...

FINALLY! Someone who encouraging this whole thing! If I had a dime for every person who gave me that "Oh you are so in for the biggest shock of your life, good luck sucker" look. And those are the people who don't just say it out loud. Loved this!!

denise said...

What a wonderful dad you must have! I love that message. And he's sooo right.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

lucky girl:)

Shaun - Jillian said...

That is so sweet!! I love your Dad! I still remember driving home from volleyball with your Dad and both of us in the front seat of his little Miata! What a great Dad you have.

Ashley said...

This made me cry. You have such a wonderful dad. I'm sure your kids are going to feel how much you adore them the same way your dad shows you his love and adoration.