Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

one thing i learned today



today, everyone is peppy.
everyone is pumped.
everyone is smiling.
it's like they're in utopia.

the steelers (a.k.a. 'stillers') are playing tonight.
pitt utah is playing tonight.
pittsburgers la la love their football.

**************

my boss is determined to help me understand football bookkeeping.
his dad was an illegal bookkeeper for college football
and i'm preeeeetty sure he had something to do with the mafia.
anyway. today he's teaching me about spreads, juice, push, over & under, you name it.

he won't stop quizzing me. my brain is starting to hurt.

on the syllabus for tomorrow's training: parleys & teezers.

wish me luck.

p.s. go U.T.A.H.!

5 comments:

caitlin and brinton said...

Waaayyyy over my head. Good luck learning all that mumbo-jumbo!

Go Utes!!!

Laurel said...

Hey there... I don't think Tannon's D.D.S. will have the U of U on it. Go Pitt! : )

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

You forgot to mention that steelers fans.. paint their houses to match their fanaticalism-ness..

Hale-O There said...

I think I just read 7 posts, now what to comment on... I am lost with the bookkeeping stuff so way to learn something that most people would be confused over. I prefer poopstain and I think I want to visit, it looks so beautiful there. Are you coming back to UT when you're done?

Andrea said...

Although I have never gotten one, I had a friend get a parley in 2003. He put down $100 bucks and won 3 of the 4 bets. Had he won them all he would've taken home $1000. But because of that one, he lost it all. It was a good lesson in gambling for me, and I learned I can calm my game time nerves by checking out the line before the game. I'm so glad the Utes won. It was close.