Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

just you wait....


if only i got a dime for every time this happens:

person: "do you and your husband have this problem" (substitute the word this with something ridiculous that neither me nor my husband would ever do)

me: "no"

person: "how long have you been married?"

*oh great. here we go again*. me: "four years."

person: "JUST YOU WAIT. my spouse and i have been together for x amount of years. you will be doing this too."

please stop trying to justify your marital problems by attempting to curse me with the same.

has this happened to anyone else? is it just me? why does this bother me so?

7 comments:

blair said...

Oh geez. Right when I saw the title of your post, I knew what was coming... I love it, and must thank you for the laughs that this post gave me.

And no, it's not just you, it bothers me too. However, for whatever reason, I think people say it to you more often than me.

"please stop trying to justify your marital problems..."

hahahaha

Laurel said...

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS! It is so annoying! Thanks for all the encouragement people, NOT!

Sarah Keith said...

They are just cynical. I love being happily married and it is annoying when people try to tell you that it will get worse--WHATEVER!!! Go McCall for loving marriage and being Tannon's cheerleader!

jrpetho said...

That is funny! I haven't had that happen with being married, but sure have had the just wait comments with being pregnant:(

It makes them feel better about there situation to inform you that the same misfortune is headed your way. LAME.

Caleb and Marci said...

That is hilarious... I have had that happen before, though I am always worried that my face is giving away the thoughts in my head... never good ones. ;-) I also love the, "Like all men." comments by people who are married to jerks, though I do usually chime in on this to tell them that no everyone's husband acts like (fill in the blank). Too funny.

Kelley & Manny said...

It totally bothers me too, every relationship is so different. What applies to one couple most certainly does NOT apply to the other. Love this post!

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

yes! and it is completely ridiculous.
this same thing happens when you're pregnant for the first time, women try to tell you exactly how your pregnancy is going to be...people can be so lame.

is it wrong that i get pleasure in responding to those marriage bashers with "we're not really like that, we have a really happy relationship"